Unibrow V2 PCB

I recently got a couple of Keyplus+ controllers and updated my custom PCB to work with it. While I was at it, I also decided to try using some Kailh sockets for hot-swapping switches. Nice thing is I can mount the switches and test it out without having to have a case ready. When I finish my case, I can pop out the switches, get it all together and then put them back.

Close-up of the controller mounted to the PCB. Trying to keep things thin here so it laying directly on the PCB without any headers between them. I made a couple of mistakes on my PCB if you pay attention. The Row and Cols on the right side are flipped. Lower numbers should be on the outside. Luckily, it wasn't too hard to update the layout to accomodate the incorrect pin mapping. Also, I made some of my traces too close together. Especially at the vias. I was getting double key presses as two of my columns were shorting and registering at the same time. Luckily I was able to scratch at the gap between them with a knife to cut the short. It's working for now but my next PCB will leave some more space.

Kailh PCB sockets on the bottom. Right now I have 67g Zilents in here. I just ordered some Box Royal, Box Navy and Hako True switches. I'll be able to swap them out and see how they all feel instead of just playing with them on a switch tester. This will be fun.

Discuss on reddit!